Automatic Transmission Service Group - ATSG Techtran rebuild manual
ATSG produces the overhaul books that transmission mechanics; both professional and DIY, have looked to since 1985.
- ATSG part number: 4L60E /4L65E Update Handbook
- Book type: Update and supplement to blue rebuild
- Covered models: 4L60E, 4L65E, 4L70E, 4L75E
- Makes: Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GM, GMC, Hummer, Isuzu, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, and SAAB
- Year range: 1993-up
- Format: Paperback
- Pages: 120
- UPC: 852553006059
- Country of origin: USA
The green cover update - supplement book is intended to be used in conjunction with the blue cover rebuild manual. This update handbook covers the model changes over the years and goes into even more detail on year specific issues and specifications.
This book contains detailed information regarding the following::
- 4L65E updates, retro fit, and interchangeability
- Electrical changes based on years
- Identification of transmission based on year
- P1870 code cause and correction
- Pump identification and interchange
- Transmission complaint, cause, and correction information
- Transmission model application codes
- Transmission upgrades
- Trouble codes and fixes
- Valve body identification
- Valve body separator plate code identification
- Wiring diagrams
- Year specific Trouble shooting
- Much more….
Also available is the blue cover 4L60E ATSG overhaul manual which covers procedures and technical service information for transmission inspection, repair, dis-assembly, assembly, diagnosis, and troubleshooting. The blue book should be purchased first before the green book. Or, the code book for in-depth information on codes, causes, and remedies.
The 4L60E and its variants were in production from 1992-2013 and can be identified by the square 16 bolt oil pan and 4 forward gears. 1992-1993 are cross-over years, so your vehicle could have the earlier non-electronic transmission instead. If unsure of your model, the 4L60E can be differentiated by looking at the wire plug going into the transmission. The non-electric shift will have a square wire plug with 2-4 wires. The 4L60E will have a round plug with 11 wires.
The 4L60-E was found in the full range of General Motors vehicles including, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Hummer, Isuzu, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, and SAAB.
These transmissions can be found in the following vehicles; however you should double check your application with the 16 bolt pan count. It is common for similar vehicles to have multiple transmission options available from the factory.
- Astro Van 1993-2005
- Avalanche 2002-2008
- Blazer 1993-2005
- Bravada 1993-2004
- Brougham 1994-1997
- Camaro 1994-2002
- Canyon 2004-2012
- Caprice 1994-1996
- Colorado 1994-2012
- Corvette 1994-2005
- Envoy - XUV - Denali 2001-2010
- Escalade, EXT, ESV 1999-2006
- Firebird & Trans Am 1993-2002
- GTO 2004-2006
- Hummer H2 2003-2007
- Hummer H3 2006-2011
- Impala SS 1994-1996
- Isuzu Ascender 2003-2009
- Isuzu Hombre 1996-2000
- Isuzu Pickup, I280, I350, I290, I370 2006-2009
- Fleetwood 1994-1997
- Rainier 2004-2007
- Roadmaster 1994-1996
- SAAB 9-7 2005-2009
- Safari Van 1993-2005
- Sierra Truck 1993-2013
- Silverado Truck 1993-2013
- SSR 2003-2007
- Suburban 1993-2013
- Tahoe 1993-2013
- Trailblazer 2001-2009
- GMC & Chevy Van 1994-2013
- Yukon 1993-2013
This transmission is part of the Turbo-Hydramatic series and also known by the following codes and model numbers: THM 4L60E, 4L60-E, 4L65E, 4L65-E, 4L70E, 4L70-E, 4L75E, 4L75-E, M30, M32, M70
Automatic Transmission Service Group (ATSG) is the largest technical support service in the automatic transmission Industry. ATSG manuals are the world's foremost service guides utilized by professionals and technicians to troubleshoot and diagnose problematic areas, disassemble transmissions and reassemble accurately and efficiently. ATSG manuals cover all aspects of transmission care, overhaul and rebuild procedures. Straightforward and simple to use, ATSG manuals will assist professionals and non-professionals alike with all aspects of automotive transmission care.