Rebuild kit for the E4OD and 4R100 automatic transmissions
- Transmission make: Ford, Lincoln
- Transmission model: E4OD, 4R100, E40D
- Year range: 1989-2005
- Speeds: 4 speed automatic overdrive
- Identifier: 20 bolt pan – E code on door sticker
- Drivetrain type: RWD, 4x4
This transmission master rebuild kit comes with the following rebuild parts:
- Full overhaul gasket set - Toledo Driveline or optional Transtec
- Friction clutch plates
- Intermediate – 2nd gear band
- Internal fluid filter
- Pump bushing
Along with the clutches, filter and pump bushing within this kit, we offer two options for the overhaul gasket set. The Toledo Driveline set is a bit more economical in price. The Transtec gasket set included in this overhaul banner box kit is the highest quality available. Both sets include every rubber seal, paper gasket, O-ring, sealing rings, and metal clad seals that you will need to complete your rebuild. The Transtec gasket sets are considered a premium kit, with higher quality gaskets and seals throughout.
Additionally, you can add the following upgrades to this banner box kit:
- Raybestos steel plates (*pictured)
- ATSG rebuild manual
- Transgo Shift Kit, Superior shift correction kit, or Sonnax Sure Cure and zip kit
- Full bushing set
- Torrington bearing kit
- Thrust washer set
- Overrun roller clutch - sprag
- Intermediate sprag – one-way clutch
- Overdrive roller clutch - sprag
- Shift control solenoid block
This it will work perfect for stock, off-road, towing, and other HD uses.
Remember to soak all of your clutches in transmission fluid for thirty minutes before you install them.
The E4OD was in production from 1989-1997 and then transitioned into the 4R100 for the 1998-2005 model years. Both of these transmissions can be identified by the 20 bolt oil pan and 4 forward gears. For the F-150 and F-250 Super Duty the door jam sticker will show a TR code of 'E'.
This transmission master overhaul banner box set can work in the following vehicles applications, however you should double check your application with the bolt count or door sticker code. It is common for similar vehicles to have multiple transmission options available from the factory.
- Bronco, 5.0L, 5.4L, 1989-1996
- E250 Van, 4.9L, 5.0L, 5.4L, 6.0L 6.8L, 7.3L IDI, & Powerstroke, 1989-2005, (20 bolt pan)
- E350 Van, 4.9L, 5.0L, 5.4L, 6.0L 6.8L, 7.3L IDI, & Powerstroke, 1989-2005, (20 bolt pan)
- Excursion, 2000-2005
- Expedition, 5.4L, 1997-2002
- F150, 5.0L, 5.4L 1989-2005, (20 bolt pan)
- F250, 4.9L, 5.0L, 5.4L, 6.0L 6.8L, 7.3L IDI, & Powerstroke, 1989-2005, (20 bolt pan)
- F350, 4.9L, 5.0L, 5.4L, 6.0L 6.8L, 7.3L IDI, & Powerstroke, 1989-2005, (20 bolt pan)
- F450, 4.9L, 5.0L, 5.4L, 6.0L 6.8L, 7.3L IDI, & Powerstroke, 1989-2005, (20 bolt pan)
This transmission master rebuild kit fits the following years: 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, and 2005.