HP automatic transmission rebuild kit for the A727
Fits: Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, Jeep
Torqueflite 8, A727, A-727, TF8 transmission
1962-2001 3 speed automatic
This high performance transmission master kit comes with the following rebuild parts:
- Raybestos HP Red friction clutch plates
- Alto black Kolene steel plates
- Kevlar intermediate kickdown band
- Kevlar low reverse band
- Pump bushing
- Output shaft bushing
- All rubber clutch piston seals
- All paper gaskets
- All O-rings
- All metal clad seals
- Teflon and steel sealing rings
The Transtec overhaul gasket set contained within this kit includes every rubber seal, gasket, o-ring, metal clad seals, and Teflon sealing rings that you'll need to complete your rebuild. Transtec soft parts kits are the highest rated available and used by most rebuild shops.
Additionally, you can add the following A727 HP upgrades to this box set:
- ATSG rebuild manual
- Transgo Shift Kit or Superior – Fairbanks shift correction kit
- Thrust washer set
- Full bushing set
- Overrun sprag
- Billet low & reverse servo
- Billet intermediate (2nd gear) servo (Superior includes strut)
- Billet accumulator piston
- Transgo TF-DETENT valve body repair
- Assembly Grease - Lubegard, Life Smart Blend, or Transjel
- Platinum Lubegard - Insider tip: Many shops use this synthetic supplement in every freshly rebuilt transmission to keep them on the road past the warranty.
Remember to soak all of your clutches in transmission fluid for thirty minutes before you install them.
This transmission is known by multiple names, including the following: A727, A-727, 36rh, 37rh, 727, Torqueflite 8, TF8, TF-8
This automatic transmission rebuild kit fits the following years: 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, and 2001.