High performance A904 automatic transmission rebuild kit
Fits: Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, Jeep
Torqueflite 6, A904, A998, A999 transmission
1960-1999 3 speed automatic
This HP transmission overhaul kit comes with the following rebuild parts:
- Raybestos HP Red friction clutch plates
- Alto black Kolene steel plates
- Kevlar intermediate kickdown band
- Internal fluid filter
- Pump bushing
- Output shaft bushing
- All rubber clutch piston seals
- All paper gaskets
- All O-rings
- All metal clad seals
- Teflon and steel sealing rings
The Transtec overhaul gasket set contained within this HP kit includes every rubber seal, gasket, o-ring, metal clad seals, and Teflon sealing rings that you'll need to complete your rebuild. Transtec soft parts kits are the highest rated available and used by most rebuild shops.
Additionally, you can add the following A904 upgrades to this box set:
- Kevlar Reverse band (make sure you know your needed width)
- ATSG rebuild manual
- Transgo Shift Kit or Superior – Fairbanks shift correction kit
- Thrust washer set 1974-up
- Full bushing kit 1978-up
- Overrun roller clutch sprag
- Low-reverse billet servo – Sonnax or Superior
- Intermediate billet Sonnax accumulator piston
- Transgo TF-DETENT valve body repair kit
- Assembly Grease - Lubegard, Life Smart Blend, or Transjel
- Platinum Lubegard - Insider tip: Many shops use this synthetic supplement in every freshly rebuilt transmission to keep them on the road past the warranty.
Remember to soak all of your clutches in transmission fluid for thirty minutes before you install them.
This transmission is known by multiple names, including the following: A904, 30rh, A998, 31rh, A999, 32RH, Torqueflite 6, TF6, TF-6, A-904, A-998, A-999, KM146, MA904A
This automatic transmission rebuild kit fits the following years: 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, and 2003.