High Performance package deal for the TH400 transmission.
This Oregon Performance Transmission package includes the following items:
- HP Master rebuild box kit for the GM TH400
- TH400 heavy duty torque converter
- Transgo SK-400 shift kit
- This package is for the 1968-up TH-400
The master rebuild kit includes:
- A complete Transtec overhaul gasket set with every rubber seal, gasket, o-ring, metal clad seal, and Teflon sealing ring you will need to complete your rebuild
- All Raybestos Red HP friction clutch plates
- All Alto Black Kolene Steel plates
- New fluid filter
- Adjustable vacuum modulator
- Front Kevlar overrun band
- Rear Kevlar reverse band
- Bushings for the converter, case, and tailshaft
The torque converter details:
The converter that comes in this kit is balanced and pressure tested and has the heavy duty brazed turbine and Torrington bearings.
This converter has a stock stall speed and will be fine for up to 500 horsepower.
The Transgo SK-400 shift kit details:
This SK-400 shift kit corrects several common problems with these Turbo Hydramatic transmissions, such as the following:
- Shifts to passing gear too easily
- Soft shifts
- Premature clutch failure
- Late shifts
Along with fixing these common problems, you'll also see an increase in the life of your transmission due to the reduced slippage. This is the most complete shift correction kit available and definitely the most reputable.
Remember to soak all of your clutches in transmission fluid for thirty minutes before you install them.
This package is compatible with all GM, GMC, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Buick, Oldsmobile, and Pontiac.
This transmission is part of the Turbo-Hydramatic series and is also known as: TH400, TH-400, 3L80, TH475, THM375, M40, THM400, THM-400, 3L80HD, ST400, ST-400