High performance master rebuild box kit for the 1982-1993 GM 700R4, 4L60 automatic transmission.
This HD-HP master rebuild box kit includes:
- Full Transtec overhaul gasket set
- All Raybestos HP Red friction clutch plates
- All Alto black Kolene steel plates
- 8 clutch 3-4 pack
- New fluid filter
- Kevlar 2-4 band – 2 1/4”
- Pump bushing
- Case bushing
- Tailshaft yoke bushing
The Transtec gasket set included in this overhaul banner box kit is the highest quality available. The set includes every rubber seal, paper gasket, O-ring, sealing rings, and metal clad seals that you will need to complete your rebuild. The Transtec gasket sets are considered a premium kit, with higher quality gaskets and seals throughout.
Additionally, you can add the following transmission upgrades and options to this kit:
- ATSG rebuild manual
- 2-4 band upgrade – Raybestos Pro-Series 2 1/4”, Alto Red Eagle Powerband 2 5/8”, or Alto carbon metallic Powerband 2 5/8”.
- Transgo shift kit, Superior shift correction, Sonnax Zip, Sure Cure, or Fairbanks
- 2nd gear servo – Corvette and billet Superior or Sonnax
- Overdrive billet servo – Superior or Sonnax
- Lockup solenoid
- Transgo separator plate
- HD Sun gear shell – ACDelco, Tank, Beast, Sonnax Smart Shell
- Boost valve - .471”, .500”, or Sonnax line pressure booster
- Low-Reverse boost valve - .283” or .300”
- Hardened pump rings – Transgo Low rev or high rev
- Low reverse sprag
- Forward sprag – 26 or 29 element
- Torrington bearing kit
- Thrust washer set with selective pump washers
- Full bushing kit - *Pictured
- Assembly Grease - Lubegard, Life Smart Blend, or Transjel
- Platinum Lubegard - Insider tip: Many shops use this synthetic supplement in every freshly rebuilt transmission to keep them on the road past the warranty.
- Cooler line flush – Lubegard or Brand One
- ATSG supplement-update book to the blue rebuild book
Remember to soak all of your clutches in transmission fluid for thirty minutes before you install them.
The 700-R4 and its variants were in production from 1982-1993 and can be identified by the square, 16 bolt oil pan and 4 forward gears. 1992-1993 are cross-over years. If you are unsure of your model, the 700R4 will have a square wire plug with 2-4 wires, which are only for the lockup in the torque converter.
The TH700-R4 was found in the full range of General Motors vehicles including, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Isuzu, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, and SAAB.
These transmissions can be found in the following vehicles; however you should double check your application with the 16 bolt pan count and square shape. It is common for similar vehicles to have multiple transmission options available from the factory.
- Astro Van 1985-1992
- Blazer 1982-1992
- Bravada 1991-1992
- Camaro 1982-1993
- Caprice 1982-1993 (With optional 700R4)
- Corvette 1982-1993
- Custom Cruiser Wagon 1991-1992 (With optional 700R4)
- Firebird & Trans Am 1983-1993
- Roadmaster 1992-1993
- Safari Van 1985-1992
- Sierra Pickup 1982-1992
- Silverado Pickup 1982-1992
- Suburban 1982-1992
- Syclone 1991-1993
- Typhoon 1991-1993
- GMC & Chevy Van 1983-1992
This HP transmission master rebuild box kit fits the following years: 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, and 1993.
This transmission is part of the Turbo-Hydramatic series and also known as: 700R4, 4L60, 700-R4, TH700-R4, MD8, THM700R4, THM700-R4.