- ATSG part number: AOD
- Book type: Rebuild and overhaul – Techtran Manual
- Covered models: AOD, F10D, FIOD 4 speed automatic
- Makes: Ford, Lincoln, Mercury
- Year range: 1980-1993
- Format: CD-ROM
- Pages: 96
- Copyright date: 2006 – Reprinted 2014
- Country of origin: USA
The blue cover AOD ATSG overhaul manual on CD-ROM covers procedures and technical service information for transmission inspection, repair, dis-assembly, assembly, diagnosis, and troubleshooting.
This book contains detailed information regarding the following:
- Bushing locations
- Checkball locations
- Clutch clearance specifications
- Endplay check and recommendations
- Exploded views
- Recommended tools list – Not all required
- Thrust washer locations
- Torque specifications
- Torrington bearing locations
- Trouble codes and fixes
- Trouble shooting
- Valve body assembly detail for valves and springs
- Much more….
The AOD started production in 1980. This 4 speed automatic transmission was in both 2wd and 4wd applications.
This transmission is found in the following applications:
- Bronco, 1986-1994
- Crown Victoria, LTD, 1982-1992
- E150 1980-1993 (14 bolt pan)
- E250 1980-1993 (14 bolt pan)
- E350 1980-1993 (14 bolt pan)
- F150 1980-1993 (14 bolt pan)
- F250 1980-1993 (14 bolt pan)
- Mustang 1983-1993 (except 1994 4-cyl)
- Thunderbird 1980-1993
- Continental, 1980-1987
- Mark VI, 1980-1983
- Mark VII, 1984-1992
- Town Car 1982-1991
- Cougar 1980-1993
- Grand Marquis 1980-1993
This automatic transmission rebuild book covers the following years: 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, and 1993.
Automatic Transmission Service Group - ATSG Techtran rebuild manual
ATSG produces the overhaul books that transmission mechanics; both professional and DIY, have looked to since 1985.
Automatic Transmission Service Group (ATSG) is the largest technical support service in the automatic transmission Industry. ATSG manuals are the world's foremost service guides utilized by professionals and technicians to troubleshoot and diagnose problematic areas, disassemble transmissions and reassemble accurately and efficiently. ATSG manuals cover all aspects of transmission care, overhaul and rebuild procedures. Straightforward and simple to use, ATSG manuals will assist professionals and non-professionals alike with all aspects of automotive transmission care.