New high performance master rebuild kit for the 1993-up GM 4L60E 4L65E 4L70E 4L75E M30 automatic transmission.
This HP master rebuild kit includes:
- A Transtec overhaul gasket set
- All Raybestos Red HP friction clutch plates
- All Alto black Kolene Steel plates
- New fluid filter
- Kevlar 2-4 band
- Pump bushing
- Case bushing
- Tail shaft bushing
- Molded rubber pistons kit (1997-up)
- 8 clutch 3-4 HP clutch pack
Remember to soak all of your clutches in transmission fluid 30 minutes prior to installation.
The Transtec overhaul gasket set contained within this high performance box kit includes every rubber seal, gasket, o-ring, metal clad seals, and Teflon sealing rings that you'll need to complete your rebuild. Transtec is the highest rated kit available and used by most rebuild shops.
Additionally, you can add the following transmission upgrades and options to this HP kit:
- 2-4 band upgrade – Raybestos Pro-Series 2 1/4”, Alto Red Eagle Powerband 2 5/8”, or Alto carbon metallic Powerband 2 5/8”.
- ATSG rebuild manual
- Transgo shift kit, Superior shift correction, Sonnax Zip, Sure Cure, or Fairbanks
- 2nd gear servo – Corvette and billet Superior or Sonnax
- Overdrive billet servo – Superior or Sonnax
- Boost valve - .470”, 472”, .490”, .500”
- Pinless 1-2, 3-4, and forward accumulator pistons – to replace OEM plastic
- Transgo separator plate
- HD Sun gear shell – ACDelco, Tank, Beast, Sonnax Smart Shell
- Hardened pump rings – Transgo Low rev or high rev
- Torrington bearing kit
- Thrust washer set with selective pump washers
- *Full bushing kit – (Pictured)
- Full electronics kit – shift solenoids, TCC solenoid, wire harness, 3-2 solenoid, EPC
- HD Torque Converter – HD lockup clutch – Made in USA
- Assembly Grease - Lubegard, Life Smart Blend, or Transjel
- Platinum Lubegard - Insider tip: Many shops use this synthetic supplement in every freshly rebuilt transmission to keep them on the road past the warranty.
- ATSG supplement-update book to the blue rebuild book
The 4L60E and its variants were in production from 1992-2013 and can be identified by the square 16 bolt oil pan and 4 forward gears. 1992-1993 are cross-over years, so your vehicle could have the earlier non-electronic transmission instead. If unsure of your model, the 4L60E can be differentiated by looking at the wire plug going into the transmission. The non-electric shift will have a square wire plug with 2-4 wires. The 4L60E will have a round plug with 11 wires.
The 4L60-E was found in the full range of General Motors vehicles including, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Hummer, Isuzu, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, and SAAB.
These transmissions can be found in the following vehicles; however you should double check your application with the 16 bolt pan count. It is common for similar vehicles to have multiple transmission options available from the factory.
- Astro Van 1993-2005
- Avalanche 2002-2008
- Blazer 1993-2005
- Bravada 1993-2004
- Brougham 1994-1997
- Camaro 1994-2002
- Canyon 2004-2012
- Caprice 1994-1996
- Colorado 1994-2012
- Corvette 1994-2005
- Envoy - XUV - Denali 2001-2010
- Escalade, EXT, ESV 1999-2006
- Firebird & Trans Am 1993-2002
- GTO 2004-2006
- Hummer H2 2003-2007
- Hummer H3 2006-2011
- Impala SS 1994-1996
- Isuzu Ascender 2003-2009
- Isuzu Hombre 1996-2000
- Isuzu Pickup, I280, I350, I290, I370 2006-2009
- Fleetwood 1994-1997
- Rainier 2004-2007
- Roadmaster 1994-1996
- SAAB 9-7 2005-2009
- Safari Van 1993-2005
- Sierra Truck 1993-2013
- Silverado Truck 1993-2013
- SSR 2003-2007
- Suburban 1993-2013
- Tahoe 1993-2013
- Trailblazer 2001-2009
- GMC & Chevy Van 1994-2013
- Yukon 1993-2013
This rebuild kit fits the following years: 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2010.
These transmissions are part of the Turbo-Hydramatic series and also known as: 4L60E, 4L60-E, 4L65E, 4L65-E, 4L70E, 4L70-E, 4L75E, 4L75-E, M30, M32, M70
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why use the 4l60e hp kit vs. the stock one?
This kit will give your transmission longevity, durability and strength. The clutches that come in this HP version of the kit handle 300%+ more heat than the stock ones, so for example, if you get the transmission hot from towing, this kit doesn't allow the clutches to burn like the stock ones have a problem with. In addition, the steels have a coating on them (Kolene) that prevents slipping. It's just an all-around better kit.
If you would like to read more about the 4L60E transmission and other upgrades we recommend, please take a look at our OPT BLOG tab on our website home page. Just scroll down until you reach the article about the 4L60E. It has links to all of the products we recommend and gives you a lot more detailed information.